The 2020 NHL Draft begins today. It seems like just yesterday that the season ended. Alright, it was just last week that the Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup. Today all 31 teams get ready for round one. Tomorrow we’ll do it again for round two through seven.
No doubt that Lightning GM Julien Brisebois has his work cut out for him. We are going to update the NHL Draft for you right here. The Lightning do not have a first round pick having traded away their two picks. Some fans may think getting Barclay Goodrow and Blake Coleman wasn’t worth those first rounders. The Stanley Cup engraver is about to etch those two names on the Cup forever so there is that.
The Bolts do have the following picks:
Round 2 – No. 57 acquired from Montreal – C Jack Finley
Round 2 – No. 62 – C Gage Gonclaves
Round 3 – No. 85 (from PHI via SJS) – F Maxim Groshev
Round 3 – No. 93 – D Jack Thompson
Round 4 – No. 116 – D Eamon Powell
Round 5 – No. 147 – F Jaydon Dureau
Round 6 – No. 157 (from OTT) – C Nick Capone
Round 6 – No. 186 – G Amir Miftakhov
Round 7 – No. 217 – F Declan McDonnell
So, we’ll update this tracker as announcements are made.
NHL Draft – Round One
Round One Draft Order:
- New York Rangers – F Alexis Lafreniere
- Los Angeles Kings – C Quinton Byfield
- Ottawa Senators (from SJS) – C Tim Stutzle
- Detroit Red Wings – F Lucas Raymond
- Ottawa Senators – D Jake Sanderson
- Anaheim Ducks – D Jamie Drysdale
- New Jersey Devils – F Alexander Holtz
- Buffalo Sabres – F Jack Quinn
- Minnesota Wild – C Marco Rossi
- Winnipeg Jets – C Cole Perfetti
- Nashville Predators – G Iaroslav Askarov
- Florida Panthers – C Anton Lundell
- Carolina Hurricanes (from TOR) – C Seth Jarvis
- Edmonton Oilers – C Dylan Holloway
- Toronto Maple Leafs (from PIT) – F Rodion Amirov
- Montreal Canadiens – D Kaiden Guhle
- Chicago Blackhawks – F Lukas Reichel
- New Jersey Devils (from ARZ) – C Dawson Mercer
- New York Rangers (from CGY) – D Braden Schneider
- New Jersey Devils (from VAN via TB) – D Shakir Mukhamadullin
- Columbus Blue Jackets – F Yegor Chinakov
- Washington Capitals (from CGY via NYR via CAR) – C Hendrix LaPierre
- Philadelphia Flyers – F Tyson Foerster
- Calgary Flames (from WAS) – C Connor Zary
- Colorado Avalanche – D Justin Barron
- St. Louis Blues – F Jake Neighbours
- Anaheim Ducks (from BOS) – F Jacob Perreault
- Ottawa Senators (from NYI) – C Ridley Greig
- Vegas Golden Knights – C Brendan Brisson
- Dallas Stars – C Mavrik Bourque
- San Jose Sharks (from TB) – F Ozzy Wiesblatt
Detroit Red Wings placed Forward Justin Abdelkader on unconditional waivers for the purpose of a buyout.
Montreal Canadiens placed Defenseman Karl Alzner on unconditional waivers.
Columbus Blue Jackets traded Forward Josh Anderson to Montreal Canadiens for Forward Max Domi and 2020 3rd round pick (#78).
New York Rangers trades their 22nd pick and 72nd pick to Calgary Flames for the 19th pick.
Calgary trades the 22nd pick just acquired from New York Rangers for the 24th pick and the 80th pick from the Washington Capitals.
Tampa Bay Lightning signed C Mitchell Stephens on 2 year deal.
Ottawa Senators traded F Jonathan Gruden and a 2020 Draft pick (#52) to Pittsburgh Penguins for G Matt Murray.
Nashville Predators trade F Nick Bonino and 2020 picks #37 and 70 to Minnesota Wild for C Luke Kunin and 2020 #101 draft pick.
Press traded Nick Bonino and #37 and #70 picks to Wild for Luke Kunin and #101 pick.
San Jose Sharks trade 2020 #34 pick to Buffalo Sabres for 2020 picks #’s 38 and 100.
Nashville Predators buying out F Kyle Turris.
LA Kings traded 2020 picks #’s 51 and 97 to Detroit Red Wings for 2020 pick #45.
Tampa Bay Lightning traded 2020 pick #124 and 2021 2nd round pick to Montreal for 2020 pick #57.
New York Rangers trade F Lias Andersson to LA Kings for 2020 #60 pick.
Edmonton Oilers traded 2020 #76 pick to San Jose Sharks for 2020 picks #100 and #126.
Tampa Bay Lightning trade 2020 #94 pick to Philadelphia Flyers for 2020 picks #116 and #147.
Edmonton Oilers trade F Sam Gagner, C Theodor Niederbach, F Sam Strange and 2021 2nd round pick to Detroit Red Wings for F Andreas Athanasiou and F Ryan Kuffner.
Anaheim trades D Erik Gudbranson to Ottawa Senators for their 2021 5th round pick.
- Mikhail Sergachev Locked Up For Next Three Seasons by Lightning November 25, 2020
- Brady turnovers doom Bucs in loss to Rams November 24, 2020
- Game preview-Rams at Buccaneers November 20, 2020
- A Sigh of Relief as Bucs Rebound in a big way Against Carolina November 15, 2020
- Saints throttle Buccaneers on primetime November 8, 2020
- Big Games are Back in Tampa Bay! Preview of Bucs and Saints November 6, 2020
- A Nightmare Start Nearly Derails the Bucs as They Leave a lot to be Desired November 3, 2020
- MNF Game Preview: Buccaneers at Giants October 30, 2020
- Rays lose a heartbreaker, World Series hopes slip away in Game 6 October 28, 2020
- Brady lights up the Raiders in a blow-out 45-20 win in Las Vegas. October 25, 2020